Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
5/25/2007
Do You See Me?
In a comment to my last post, Slouching Mom noted that my wedding photo and my avatar photo look nothing alike. Well, they actually do both look like me, but different Me's. And I realized that most of my readers wouldn't recognize me if they passed me on the street because I rarely post pictures of myself. I actually don't have all that many photos of me, aside from the obligatory studio family shots, because I'm always the one holding the camera.

I like to think that you all see me in a way. I know that when I read certain blogs, the narrator's voices helps me create my own internal picture of the blogger, accurate or not. And when I see pictures, it helps to round out the whole person. So without further delay, I give you Lawyer Mama in pictures. Well, at least as much of LM as I can give you without getting off of my butt and tracking down pictures on disk and in photo albums. Let's not forget that I'm lazy!



This is me with my kitty, Sir Hillary. I was in law school when this photo was taken.



This photo was taken in our old Falls Church home. Hollis was 3 months old and I don't think he's seen any serious snow since then!



This is the LAWYER side of Lawyer Mama. This photo is on my firm's web site. I was pregnant with Holden when it was taken.



Here, I'm about to leave the hospital with Holden. It's hard to believe he was ever that tiny.



Here we have me and Hollis on his 2nd birthday. Check out the cake! Did you know that bright blue icing makes bright blue poo? Enough said.



This was our Christmas photo for 2006. Trey and I look like hell, but the kids look cute and that seems to be what's important now! Hopefully the copyright Gods won't smite me for posting this photo.



And this is my attempt at a self-portrait with my camera phone this afternoon. Note the obligatory self-portrait double chin. I seem to be incapable of taking a photo of myself without it.



And then finally, we have my avatar photo. This picture was taken about 1 hour after I became a mother. Here you can see the beauty of a c-section with no labor - I'm still wearing lipstick for heaven's sake! I chose this as my Lawyer Mama avatar because it was one of the happiest moments of my life. When I look at this picture I see who I was, who I have become as a mother, and all the years to come. I see me at my best.

Labels:



25 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I love your blog! I have added you to my "must read" list :-)

Blue pooh...who knew! HA

Congrats to you for being such a wonderful mother. You and your husband have created a wonderful family!

Shannon from TN

Blogger steph! said...

I had the same thought as SM - and what's interesting is (to me) you look different in each of these shots. But maybe that's because there are so many sides to you..lawyer, mama, wife, wiper of blue poo...

Thanks for sharing not only the pics, but your thoughts as well.

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

What fun! I loved seeing all these photos of you!

Blogger Brillig said...

I love this. There are so many sides to a woman. I see the common thread, of course, but you do look different in each one. It's kind of a neat concept--I'd never really thought about it!

Blogger S said...

Hey! I speak, and you act. I could get used to this. ;)

I'd still argue that you look different in different photos.

But I have a much better sense of the gestalt of you, now.

Thank you! You're adorable!

Blogger Bea said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the wedding photo. Thanks for helping me put a good mental composite together!

Blogger N. said...

I think you are a bit of a chameleon. But you have awesome taste in spectacles.

Blogger Amie Adams said...

Thanks for the photos! I can't wait to meet up in Chicago.

Now I know who to look for.

Blogger thailandchani said...

Great pictures! Now I know I'm getting old. YOu don't look old enough to be a lawyer. LOL


Peace,

~Chani

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

Love the photos...you are so lucky b/c you always look great no matter what. I think it is the great smile. :)

There are very few photos of me, too, LOL, because I am always taking the shots. One time I picked a silly fight with my husband after seeing some gorgeous photos one man took of his wife and children. He had all this lovely poetic explanation about how his love for the mother of his children, wife of his heart yadda yadda yadda made him want to capture it on film...

I'd been frustrated putting together a photo album about then because WHERE IS THE MOTHER of THESE CHILDREN? and I picked that fight, "Don't you looooooove me enough to want photos of me with our children?"

I forgot who I married. ;) LOL

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

you are stunning, sister. absolutely.

and you know, something that has always struck me about you is how your avatar (i don't know what that word means, actually) is immediately post birth. how you chose to show us the time where you looked most beautiful, because you were most fully alive, all of your biological amazement having just pulled off the deal of the century, giving birth.

giving birth. that is why it's my favorite picture of all.

ps. your lawyer-y pic? you can kick verbal ass, can't you? something in that picture says "i will kick your non legally binding ass". i love that too.

Blogger Pendullum said...

I am smiling right back at you sista!!!!
I loved this post...
And so hope that i can go to blogher to meet youuuuuu!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this post. And I agree with some of the other posters--you have many sides and it shows in all these photos.

Thanks for sharing!

Blogger MARY G said...

You have a smile that could light up the world -- I do trust you have a steely version of it for fog-minded judges.

What a lovely idea! Glad Slouching Mom jogged your elbow.

Blue Poo? ew.

Blogger Gunfighter said...

A) You're cute... in all phases.

B) Odd the you should post this, when I was just wondering what you look like, the other day.

C) Your family photo is great.

GF

Blogger Mad said...

I loved this. It's so great being able to put a concrete set of images to the words we read. Thanks.

Blogger Bon said...

i loved this too, all the various versions of self.

because you have your photo in your avatar - which i'm just realizing is a really good idea, and why...note to self - i've always had some sense of face to put with voice, but the full spectrum of "yous" is really cool.

i lust for your curls.

This is crazy! I was here the other day and left a comment....I SWEAR I did.....have you secretly decided you no longer like me...and forgot to tell me? :)


You look great.....in all the pics!

PS: My last comment was MUCH better!

Blogger Mama's Moon said...

It's always cool to see pix of those whose blogs I read. And you're right, I too form a little 'look' based on the voice each blogger takes on in her/his site. Motherhood changes each and every one of us - isn't it fantastic to see us morph???

This was a great post for my first visit - I'll be back!

Blogger CPA Mom said...

Who made that cake? Ab-fab!

I can vouch that you are even more gorgeous in real life than these photos show. Seriously. Beautiful.

Love the Christmas photo! Where did you get it done?

ALL my photos have double chins. Even as a child I think.

Blogger Amy W said...

Wow, you look different in all the pics...interesting.

I'm not sure anyone would recognize me on the street either...

Blogger PunditMom said...

They're ALL you! And I haven't forgotten you tagged me!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love seeing photos and getting a more well rounded picture to go with the voice!

And, I love your reasons for choosing your avatar! You look radiant in that picture (as well as the others).

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are adorable! You do look so different in each of those photos.

After you've described the avatar picture, that is definitely my favorite.

Blogger ewe are here said...

I can't believe I missed these... they're great!

And love 'why' you picked your avatar pic.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer