Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
6/02/2007
The Week in Pictures
I love taking photos of my children. I probably take too many, judging by the amount of memory photos alone take up on my laptop. I'm not an artist, and I honestly know very little about photography, but I think that my children are adorable and I do manage to get some memorable photos out of them. Probably because I take so damn many.

My blog is not just about the writing, it's also about the pictures. After all, I started this blog as a sort of online journal for my children. I hesitate to use the word scrapbook, because I do that as well. (Yeah, in all my free time.) I don't use this blog to record everything event as a family, or all the cute things my kids do. (Unless it involves flinging poo. Because, really, who can resist that?) This space really isn't about cataloging our activities.

At the same time, if I've created this space with the idea that my children will one day see it, I want them to be able to picture themselves in the internal world they read here. I want to give them some context so that they can relate the written record of our lives to their own memories. Plus, my family reads this and they love to see the boys on here. So I think I'm going to start a new tradition here at Lawyer Mama. Every week or so, or at least on the Mondays I'm not feeling lazy, I'm going to devote to photos.

I give you the first "official" Lawyer Mama Week in Pictures:

What a way to start off the weekend. Do you remember feeling this kind of joy?



What is it about throwing things into the water that is so fascinating?



"Are my parents paranoid, or what?"




Fun at the beach


Looking at my photos each week forces me to forget about some of the day to day tedium and whining. My photos let me take a step back and remember why I do this Mommy thing and why I love it so much.


*******************

In other random news, last week I found out that a photograph I took of Holden (on his first birthday, no less) was selected for a juried photo exhibit at the botanical garden. The theme of the exhibit is "Children in the Garden," ostensibly to promote the children's garden/play area at the botanical gardens where the photos were taken. I can't wait to see all the entries. Sometime this week, we'll be heading over to check out the exhibit and possibly stuff the ballot box. If you happen to live in my area, please feel free to vote 10 times. Look for a ginormous version of this photo:

Baby Steps

Then be sure to email me your Pay Pal details so I can send you money.*

I'm just kidding.

No, seriously.

**********************

Bonus points if anyone can figure out what the heck is in the water in the background of this photo:



I say it's a dolphin, but T doesn't agree. Here it is blown up a bit:

Anyone?


* We don't really get to vote. Just in case anyone was taking me a bit too seriously.

Labels: ,



28 Comments:

Blogger N. said...

I'm voting for another Loch Ness Monster sighting!

I like your photos. Our week in photos would mostly feature people in pajamas until noon and meals involving melted cheese.

Oh, the drudgery.

Blogger Mike Minzes said...

What a wonderful week!! That is the kind of week I love having.

I can do with out Jaws though.

-0-0-

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

Do you have sharks there?

If you were here, I'd say shark. They are really common here, and come right up to pretty much any beach.

That aside...adorable photos. I will enjoy the weekly tribute to the cuteness of LawyerChildren.

And WOWSA, congrats on the juried exhibition!!

Blogger Nancy said...

Nice week in photos. Such cute faces.

My guess is a gull swooping, shot showing him on a tilting angle with full wing spread.

Blogger S said...

Adorable photos, adorable subjects.

Please, please, please tell me that's not a shark.

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

or better said, we CAN vote, but it might not mean much...

i don't know. i want to say a dolphin. but those fishies in the front are the cutest.

Blogger ewe are here said...

Ummm, tiger shark?

your pictures of your boys are fantastic - they look so happy!

Blogger PT-LawMom said...

Great pictures! Well, except for the freaky shark thing. Why isn't your family RUNNING!?!?!? ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a black tip reef shark. I am pretty sure.

Blogger Christine said...

Shark! Shark?

Good luck with the contest--I love that pictures.
I miss the beach. Sigh.

Blogger Gwen said...

I like the way you described your children fitting themselves into the blog with the pictures. You have given me license now to write a post about actual events, not thoughts, with pictures. So thanks! Oh wait, it's NOT all about me?

I'm saying shark, too, although my Shark Week obsessed husband would know better. Just don't swim at dusk .....

Blogger CPA Mom said...

I know Dolphins hang out there quite a bit at that distance from the beach but I'm not so sure about this one - it's got an edge on it that is more "sharkish." Exactly why we don't go to this beach ourselves.

I was all set to vote (and send you my paypal details). Man, way to get me excited and let me down. I had plans for that money. HA!

Blogger Amy W said...

I love the photos, your boys are too cute...

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Thanks for your comments and guesses! I like the Lochness Monster sighting, so maybe we should go with that. LOL!

Actually, a friend who was with us when we went to the beach tells us that it was a porpoise or dolphin (neither of us knows the technical differences) and she saw them jumping around out there. WHEW!

We were at the beach at Fort Story on the Bay side. While sharks do sometimes hang out on the ocean side (and occassionally attack - EEK), I've been asured they're less common at the bay side beaches. Good to know.

I guess it's safe to go back into the water. And I can get that JAWS theme song out of my head now.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Except for the freaky stalking shark.

Blogger NotSoSage said...

Ah, beautiful shots. What a beautiful post to start with (and ditto to you on all the shoulda-woulda-couldas...I know how busy this blogging thing makes us, so I was glad of the excuse to finally drop by!).

I think The Week in Pictures is an excellent idea, especially with such lovely subjects.

Blogger MARY G said...

That's a handsome bunch of men you've got there. Love the ones with the floaties. Congrats on the juried pic -- I do wish I could vote.
And it sure looked sharkish to me. ew.

Blogger Slackermommy said...

Love the photos! I think the thing in the water is either a dolphin or a manoray but a shark makes a much better story.

Blogger Jen said...

Dolphin! Clearly!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 3yr old son looked at the picture and said SHARK! There you go.

da da.....da da.......da da da.....

well, that was my pathetic attempt to type the Jaw's theme!

Looks like Bruce from Nemo to me!

Blogger emptynester said...

Do you remember a video made in Florida?

Hollis buried and the photo with an undetermined background remindedme of that.

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

I love when you post photos.

Tell your hubs I saw his chest hair! Ha!

Blogger Cristina said...

Oh. my. lord. That's totally a shark. EEEEEEK!

p.s. your two boys are just so cute!!

Blogger Defiantmuse said...

omg!! I would NOT go in the water again! I don't care, dolphin or not! I'm still scarred for life from the family JAWS movie in FL that year!

Blogger ExPatSW said...

Okay, I just figured out who emptynester is by the comment that I was getting ready to make...

Maybe it's a little girl whose family talked her into swimming underwater holding up a shark fin...

Blogger Venus said...

I about fell on my butt laughing so hard at that photo of little H climbing out of the pool with the 'floaties' on! And that 'dolphin' picture is kinda freeky!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats freaky'est to me, is that in the picture before blew it up...jaws is totally after the spashing human in the water.

and that thing is MASSIVE...where were you again???

that shot totally geeks me out.
s

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer