Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
8/24/2007
DC Metro Moms Blog
I'm thrilled to announce that I'm the newest addition to the brand spanking new D.C. Metro Moms Blog, an offshoot of the very popular Silicon Valley Moms Blog. I think I somehow tricked them into thinking that I actually still live in the D.C. area. When they discover the truth, I'm sure they'll kick me out post haste. In the meantime, please join me over there for my inaugural post.

Here's a preview, because I'm a tease....

Until two years ago, I lived in a cute little cottage on an old tree lined street in the City of Falls Church. It was outrageously expensive, but only a 15 minute drive from work on a good day and we all know how miraculous that is in the D.C. area. Moreover, it was within walking distance of one of the best elementary schools in the area. The only problem? Our neighbors were driving us slowly insane.

Read More...


Labels:



15 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Ok, this is too weird. We just moved from Chesapeake to Northern VA. We were over in Western Branch!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is officially so stinkin' cute it's ridiculous. I'm sure he's mildly less cute during tantrum time. The scrunched up nose look really does nothing for my children :)

Blogger KC said...

yay! Good company!

Blogger S said...

Congrats, LM! I'm off to read the rest.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad we'll be writing together over there! :-)

Blogger Brillig said...

What a cool thing! Congrats!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I was the perfect NY-er with my neighbors, friendly but distant, just the way I like. Now our home is very close to neighbors on either side and it's a little close for comfort. We're very friendly with the single mom on one side - her daughter is close in age to my own and they have a typical suburban reality, running back and forth between the houses, etc.
Everyone knows everyone's business and that I don't like. There are gossipy neighbors that tell all the moment they have someone new to tell, scandals are always at the top of the list. It's a nice neighborhood and we're in for the long haul, but the nosy part? No thanks.

Blogger PunditMom said...

I think being a DC Metro Mom is a state of mind!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff! My SIL is moving in the next month or so.

Blogger Shannon said...

Congrats! What a great gig.

Blogger Jen said...

Right when I start to regret living on acreage, with the neighors not as close as I'd like, I remember my own fishbowl days. Whether it was living on an Air Base or a tight-knit suburban neighborhood, I can recall my neighbors being almost incestual with one another, their knowledge of each family on the street was so intimate. I remember one neighbor in particular who knew what everyone made, how happy the marriages were...yikes. I don't miss it as much after reading yor DC Moms post!

Blogger QT said...

congrats, woman! Off to finish the read...

Blogger Christine said...

cool! gotta go check it out. And those shirts below? awesome i SO want a running on empty one now!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! The honor is well-deserved.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer