Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
8/09/2007
Now For Something Lighter
My posts have been awfully serious lately, so it's time for something lighter. My buddy Mad did a post awhile ago about her kitsch and challenged us to show our own.

I have tons of kitschy stuff, but unfortunately I am a lazy ass. Since we moved two years ago I haven't even hung all of our pictures on the wall let alone unpacked all my kitsch. Kitsch that my kids might find entertaining and want to play with and break. I'm a heartless bastard and a lazy ass.

Anywho, I did manage to scare up some kitsch to share:

My Paddington figurine. My mom gave it to my grandmother years ago and then my grandmother gave it to me when she heard I was decorating Hollis's room in a Paddington Bear theme. Do you know how hard it is to find that damn bear in the U.S.?


My kitchen telephone. It really accepts coins, but it's not an original. I got it at Target.


My salt and pepper pigs. I bought them at a garage sale 13 years ago. I cried last year when one of the ears broke. This is my favorite piece of tacky in the house.

So there you have it. I've come clean about my kitsch. Do you have any to show me?

Edited to add: I have a post up on my review site for the PBN, Wii Blog Blast.

What Quality Time?

Labels: ,



23 Comments:

Blogger flutter said...

Love this LOVE!!! I really need to get off my butt and do this, your phone is so cool

I'll post some of my MAJOR kitsch tomorrow, just for you. :)

Blogger S said...

I really like that phone, too. Do you actually use it?

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

Yes, we use the phone all the time! It's our kitchen phone and our only non-cordless phone. At least that's plugged in. We have another 1950's era phone that is authentic, but we just have it out for display. Maybe I should have included that one too....

I so heart Paddington.

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

This is real kitsch!

That's a cool phone, and the pigs crack me, I swear, the cork in the mouth LOL.

Now...the Padding ton is cute. Does that count as kitsch?

Julie
Ravin' Picture Maven

Blogger InTheFastLane said...

the phone reminds me of the Brady Bunch episode when they got a pay phone. Good times.

Blogger Mad said...

Lordy, we could do a round up of salt and pepper shakers alone!

Love it all. Dear, sweet Paddington. OK, I'll go add you to the growing kitsch-list.

Blogger Lisa said...

I am loving your kitch. The Paddington bear bedroom is such a fabby idea!

Blogger QT said...

I am loving the pigs!!!

Blogger Blog Owner said...

Several years ago I gave one of my teacher friends this super cool Oreo shaped cookie jar. The next year she gave it back.

I should've given it to you instead. I think you would've appreciated it more :-)

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

that bear dude is pretty bad. perfectly kitsch.

Blogger ewe are here said...

Aww, Paddington - so cute!
And I Love your pig salt n pepper shakers....

I knew I should have pulled my cats with fish salt n pepper shakers out, I just knew it! The really can be fun!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pigs are too adorable. But, the phone has stolen my heart. I love it! How could I have missed that at Target, I practically live there????

Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I just saw your disclaimer and am totally cracking up!! You are a riot!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious. I didn't find any kitsch, per se, but I did unload a whole lot of crap when I recently cleaned out my office. I like kitsch better than crap, though. Too fun.

Blogger Julie @ Letter9 said...

I've got a creamer shaped like a cow. I love it so much. The best part? It's from Pottery Barn. Who would have thought?

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

A creamer cow? Cats with fish salt and pepper shakers? I wanna see!!

Folks, here's the link for the phone at Tarjaaaaaah.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_ri_2/601-5805761-4501732?ie=UTF8&asin=B0000DHVLE

Momish - Thanks! You wouldn't believe some of the emails I get. Hey, there's a post idea....

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

OK, that link doesn't work if you click it, but if you copy & paste it will.

And the cord is waaaay longer than in the Target picture. I can stretch it into my dining room.

Blogger Stacey said...

Love the phone. What fun!

Blogger ExPatSW said...

I have an amazing amount of kitsch! I think it's genetic. Unfortunately, my stuff that came over IN JANUARY is still boxed...errr, I mean, protectively stored.

Blogger painted maypole said...

i have rabbit salt and pepper shakers. And don't get me started about my CHRISTMAS salt and pepper shakers. but I think Kitch is a requirement when decorating for Xmas

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I could swear I used to have some pigs like that! I wonder what happened to them.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer