Locations of 

visitors to this page






Main Page
10/01/2007
A Monday Montage & A REAL Photographer
T and I took the boys apple picking this weekend. Unfortunately, the apples were gone. But that didn't deter the Lawyer Mama family. When life takes away your apples, you pick pumpkins instead. Or something like that.

(And yes, we are all wearing our 'Canes gear by Sunshine Designs. It was Saturday, after all.)

"It's too high, Mommy." (An actual Little H quote.)


Push and pull. Pull and push. This time it worked!


Mommy gets all arty with the camera.


My goal in life is to actually have Holden face the camera on command. His personality and sheer will may be insurmountable obstacles.


They're such a handsome pair, aren't they?


These are the days we treasure.

***********
Now on to the REAL photographer:

A few weekends ago the Lawyer Mama family had professional photos taken. This is the first time we ventured away from the Holy Baby Shot Trilogy of Picture People, Sears, and J.C. Penney's. And my dears? I'm never going back to those hacks. Amy, of Amy Sandoval Photography, was wonderful. She spent a few hours with us at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens and captured some amazing shots of my boys and our entire family. She'll be doing our photos from now until eternity. So, Amy, babe, you're never allowed to retire. Got it?

Amy is also a blogger with one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen and she is also the mastermind behind Work It: A Blog For Working Moms. You all know how I like to pimp out my bloggy friends, but they all truly deserve my praise. Amy is a true artist.

You can see a few of the photos from our session with Amy here, including my favorite pictures of the boys. I was tempted to lift one from her page but, ever the lawyer, I couldn't do that. So you'll have to go over to her photography blog to see a few of the pictures. If you'd like to see the rest of the photos from our session, email me (it's in my profile) and I'll send you the link and the pass code.

You know how difficult it can be to get toddlers to pose, right? It didn't faze Amy a bit. She just started following the kids around and got shots of my boys just as they are. You can see it in the individual photos of Hollis and Holden on her blog. Hollis was being inquisitive and introspective. Holden, impish and mischievous. And, yes, our goat was about to eat that seashell.

Labels:



25 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Skywalker said...

I can see why you love that pic.

But (?) the pic of you, with him, his head turned?

My heart ached a little.

Keep that one close, Mama. Very close.

Blogger Cristina said...

I love the pictures she took of your family!

And by the way, I also love yours. If you didn't already have this lawyer gig going, I'd say you should try your hand at photography.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the photos! I had a great time with your family - your boys are adorable. I hope we can do it again - would be an honor! Thanks for the "blog pimp!"

Blogger flutter said...

Your family is just the essence of beautiful

Blogger Gwen said...

The apples were gone? Really? That's okay, as apple picking usually takes all of 13 minutes, and then it's like: dude, NOW what? But maybe you don't have to drive for hours and hours to get to an apple orchard.

You look fantastic in pink, by the way!

Oh, yeah, the kids and man are cute, too.

Blogger Suz said...

Oh...it's so good to hear that you think a professional photographer is worth it. After the last round of photos from big three, I've been seriously thinging in that direction. Those pictures are wonderful!

Blogger jessabean said...

Those pictures are awesome! I might have to look Amy up next time I want some nice photos done.

And your family is beautiful. :)

Blogger Amy W said...

Love the photos...wish she lived here!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely shots. And a sunny beach! Oh, the envy.

Blogger Magpie said...

Lovely photos - both here and at Amy's.

Blogger DD said...

I am calling our photographer that we haven't seen in 4 years, right now.

Blogger QT said...

Professional photogs are always worth it, IMHO. Those pics are adorable~I bet you have a ton to choose from.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The professional portraits came out FABULOUS! And your amateur photos at the pumpkin patch are so great. What a fun family day!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Blogger CPA Mom said...

Where did you go to pick apples?
Where did you get the pumpkins? I agree your photos are great!

I had no idea Amy even had that Photo Blog up - I was surprised to see our family on there as well - surprised and tickled. We had a wonderful time with our session too. We are never going to anyone else!

Blogger Girlplustwo said...

you are so beautiful, sister. and your kids, well, of course they are.

the joy of pumpkins.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pictures so much it makes me ache.

Really beautiful.

I've gotta get a professional shot of our family...

FANTASTIC. SHOTS.

Fall photos are just the best for some reason - those were great!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about kids and pumpkins?

Blogger PunditMom said...

OK, I'm convinced. I need a professional photographer and not The Picture People at the mall!

Blogger ewe are here said...

Wonderful pictures, just lovely.


And I so hope there are still pumpkins to be picked in Virginia Beach when we get there... MF would so loooove to pick his own pumpkin.

Blogger Jen said...

You guys are such a beautiful family!

I've stopped going to the cheapie places, too. Now and again we splurge and have a local photographer shoot the kids and it is worth every penny. Candid shots beat out fake poses with plastic flowers any day...

Blogger Christine said...

those pictures amy took are amazing! i need to move away from the old JC penny studio. . .

What lovely pictures! I swear.....Holden looks just like his daddy....Just.like.him!

You are looking good....are we losing weight? HMMMMM :)

Blogger Julie @ Letter9 said...

We know a little boy who also won't face the camera on demand, but we figured out a solution. My husband's camera phone has sound effects when you take a picture, and one of them says "Say cheese" all electronic and weird. Gets his attention, and a smile, every single time.

Blogger Genie said...

Oh hooray, thank you for the link to Amy Sandoval! I just recently experienced the joy that is JC Penny's photo studio and I long to have "real" photos done.

And apparently we're neighbors in the rough sense, since I'm in Norfolk. Small world. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lawyer Mama
Made by Andrea Micheloni
footer